9 Ways to Incorporate Baking Soda in Your Beauty Routine6:00 AM
Baking soda is a great multipurpose product. You probably already know of the many household uses that baking soda plays a role in, but do you know the many uses of it in your beauty routine? Today's post is going to go over how baking soda can play a part in your routine so let's jump right in.
1. Face Wash: Dilute 2 teaspoons of baking soda with 1 teaspoon of warm water in a bowl and mix to a soft paste with your finger. Wet your face with warm water and apply the paste in a gentle, circular motion. Rinse thoroughly and pat your face dry with a soft towel. This is a great way to remove makeup.
2. Teeth Whitening: Mix together a small amount of baking soda and salt and use it to clean your teeth. Rinse well afterwards. This is a great way to whiten teeth with the expensive price tag. Baking soda is also a natural breath freshener.
3. Exfoliator: To revitalize and smooth the tired skin on your hands, elbows and feet, mix together 3 parts baking soda with 1 part water to make a paste and apply with a gentle, circular motion before rinsing off.
4. Dry Shampoo: If you don't have time to wash your hair, refreshen it with a sprinkle of baking soda and talcum powder on your hairbrush and comb through. The baking soda will absorb excess oil.
5. Bath Soak: Add a half cup of baking soda to your bath water. It will not only cleanse, but also leave your skin feeling silky smooth. Those of you with dry skin, Baking soda is alkaline so be sure to rinse well to avoid irritation from residue.
6. Sunburn Relief: Make a sloppy paste of baking soda and water and apply it to the burned area. You can also dissolve some baking soda in warm water, then chill it in a spray bottle and use it as a cooling spritz.
7. Foot Soak: In water as hot as you can tolerate it, dissolve 2 tablespoons of baking soda and 1 tablespoon of salt. Soak your feet in the mixture for 15-20 minutes. The mixture will remove any grime from your feet.
8. Hair Shampoo: In a squeeze bottle with a nozzle applicator, mix 1 part baking soda with 3 parts water. Mix well then apply to your hair starting at the roots and working down to the ends. Leave on for 2-3 minutes then rinse well with warm water.
9. Nail Scrub: Sprinkle a small amount of baking soda onto a damp nail brush and use it to clean under your nails and around the cuticles. It will leave your cuticles soft and your nails shiny.
That about sums it up for some of the wonderful uses for baking soda. I want to hear from you guys what else you use baking soda for in your beauty routine, please be sure to mention them in the comments section. As always, I hope you guys enjoyed this post and have a beautiful day!